The Tasmanian Council for Adult Literacy (TCAL) provides adult literacy and numeracy practitioners with resources and professional opportunities and aims to promote awareness of adult literacy and numeracy by facilitating a co-operative and supportive network for practitioners.
Membership is open to individuals and organisations, including businesses, interested or involved in the provision of adult language, literacy and numeracy services.
TCAL is a not for profit association run entirely by volunteers. We rely on membership fees and grants to fund our activities. The funds raised through membership fees are put towards the organisation of industry-relevant events, and projects such as the publication of e-resources. By becoming a member, you will be contributing to the important work TCAL does in raising awareness of adult literacy and numeracy and supporting practitioners to help change lives.
You will also receive the following benefits:
- TCAL email newsletters
- Updates on resources, current issues, conferences and professional learning events
- a voice in debates surrounding adult literacy and numeracy and adult learning in Tasmania and Australia
- the opportunity to join the TCAL management committee
- organisational membership of Adult Learning Australia
- discounts on professional development courses and other events.
Organisational membership comes with:
- one (1) voting delegate to General Meetings and the Annual General Meeting of TCAL
- three (3) representatives (employees or owners) to attend TCAL events at members’ rates
- listing as a TCAL contributor in TCAL public material.
TCAL membership runs from 1 July to 30 June each year.
Individual Membership: $45 Concession: $20
Organisational membership fee: $100